In this episode, we sit down with Holly O’Dell, the first female President and CEO of Montana State Fund, to discuss the importance of building relationships with other women in the workplace. Join us as Holly shares her personal experiences and best practices on advocating for oneself, balancing family and work, and the power of […]
Join us as we talk to Jill Wiedemann-West, CEO of People Incorporated, as she shares her insights on building a culture of transparency, encouraging diverse voices, and fostering employee engagement. Discover how her leadership style has helped to encourage new ideas and create a positive work environment.
Here’s how they did it:
- Top leadership team retreats every month to ask critical questions, have difficult conversations, and encourage different ideas/opinions
- Quarterly extended retreats with the director-level team
- Staff take turns leading meetings with different styles to encourage new ideas
- Regular engagement surveys, career pathway meetings, and training programs to foster employee engagement
- Partnership with outside organizations and institutions of higher learning to provide staff with scholarships for higher degrees
- A belief that there is a solution to every problem and working together as a team to solve it
- Strategies to avoid employee burnout, including hiring more people, offering more time off and greater flexibility.
Resources mentioned in this episode:
Sponsor for this episode…
This episode is brought to you by Journey with Lei.
Journey with Lei was founded by Lei Wang, an executive coach, motivational speaker, and mountain climber. She helps leaders build confidence and empowers them to dream big, become better leaders, and achieve their highest potential.
To have a conversation and find out what Lei can do for you, schedule a consultation.