Last week, we discussed what makes a goal truly exciting. Is it really possible?
Why do you need an impossible goal?
If you want to have a totally different lifestyle, want to reach a scary new height in your business, you can’t simply do what you used to do and hope that will give you a dramatically different result.
You have to change how you think and try things you have never done before.
You have to create new routines and adopt new habits.
In short, you have to totally transform who you are in order to behave totally differently.
Only an impossible goal has that kind of power to trigger an identity shift!
When you’re standing at the bottom of the mountain as that “old” you, a goal seems impossibly high. And since most people only know the “old” you, they are blind to the new opportunities.
To achieve that seemingly impossible goal, imagine yourself as someone who has already accomplished it and see yourself as someone who considers such a goal to be “normal.”
When you make that important identity shift, you will easily adopt a new mindset and new habits as if your dream is already a reality.
When I dreamed about climbing Mount Everest, the excitement made me forget about the “impossible” part of the dream. On a daily basis, I only focused on what an Everest climber eats, trains, and thinks about.
That excitement made overcoming fear and procrastination easy.
Before I noticed, I transformed myself from a city girl to a mountaineer, and from there, a motivational speaker and coach.
The power of an impossible goal is not just in achieving something you are proud of, but in totally transforming who you are, elevating your energy to a level you never experienced before, and setting you on a trajectory of infinite possibilities.
What’s something you are dreaming of but people are telling you it’s impossible?
I believe you have the power in you. If you dare to dream it, you can achieve it!
I just opened up 5 slots for a free Visioning and Goal Setting session.
Apply here to grab your spot!
The 20 latest Blog Posts
- The Tao of Alibaba With Brian A. Wong
- The Introvert’s Guide to Badassery With Jenn Donahue
- Lead With Character In Uncharted Waters with Sandy Stosz
- Lead Through Changes With Nate Thompson
- Redefine Success with Tammy Barlette
- Why Every Leader Needs a Coach with Jerry Tuisl
- How Companies Can Improve Employee Health and Wellness With Andrew Jacobus
- How to Create a Highly Engaged Remote Team with Gordon Tredgold
- EVEREST LESSONS: WHY
- Everest Lessons: HOW
- The Grit Factor With Shannon Polson
- What does it take to climb Everest?
- Lead with Vulnerability and Connect Authentically with Tracy Oswald
- Creative Leadership with Brant Menswar
- How to create values at work to accelerate your career growth with Clement Kao
- Live Your Life Boldly With Susan Seah
- How To Support and Motivate Employees and Leaders With Andrea Heuston
- Growth-Minded Leadership With Lei Wang
- When are you ready?
- I Almost Quit Too Soon
- Book Your Podcast With Lei
- Breakthrough Coaching Prep Form
- Breakthrough Coaching Session
- Business Accelerator
- Carstensz Pyramid
- Feedback Form
- Free Gift
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Gift Coaching
- Group Coaching Program
- Mastermind Application
- My Account
- Old Homepage
- Physical Location Assessment
- Podcast Guest Form
- Power of Reflection
- Regular Coaching Prep Form
- Regular Coaching Session
- Schedule Time with Lei
- Schedule Your Meeting with Lei
- Share 10 Tiny Steps with a Friend!
- Speaker Request Form
- The Poles
- Web Site Terms and Conditions of Use
- Why Do You Need An Impossible Goal?
Archives by Month:
- January 2023
- August 2022
- July 2022
- June 2022
- May 2022
- April 2022
- March 2022
- February 2022
- January 2022
- April 2021
- March 2021
- January 2021
- November 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- May 2020
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- March 2017
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010