Tammy Barlette, a US Air Force fighter pilot, retired in 2018 as a Lieutenant Colonel. Upon retiring she became a professional speaker and founded Athena’s Voice, a speaker referral business featuring female military pilots from around the United States. Tammy served in the US Air Force for over 20 years, and she assisted and protected troops on the ground in both Iraq and Afghanistan. In this episode, Tammy shares what it takes to succeed in a demanding military career, balance it with her role as a mom of three children, and consistently practice self-care.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- How did Tammy overcome imposter syndrome and step into a career as a fighter pilot;
- Recognize challenges as a sign that you are on the right path.
- How did Tammy balance a demanding military career with her role as a mom and wife.
- How did Tammy redefine the meaning of success at different stages in her career
- How to over fear and handle failure
- How to practice self-care while under pressure
Resources mentioned in this episode:
Sponsor for this episode…
This episode is brought to you by Journey with Lei.
Journey with Lei was founded by Lei Wang, an executive coach, motivational speaker, and mountain climber. She helps leaders build confidence and empowers them to dream big, become better leaders, and achieve their highest potential.
To have a conversation and find out what Lei can do for you, schedule a consultation.